My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 31, 2007

trains and planes and automobiles


This is the train, the BART, I got to ride on to go into San Francisco. I've never been on one of these trains, usually I just play with trains, so it was pretty thrilling.


We went into dark tunnels under the San Francisco Bay which means great white sharks were swimming over our heads!


San Francisco is the big city Mama grew up around so she's always happy to visit. We went uptown to do a little shop at the H&M, ( though the Paladium in the Tenderloin was Mama's usual haunt when she was 16.)


Cable cars. Classic.


So now we're back at home and I tell you I really, really miss this little gal, my cousin Ondine. The last time I saw her I was in a possessive and jealous phase of my life and this clouded me seeing through to her cuteness and charm. Now that she's far away again I wish we were together, this is what I keep telling my parents. I like the way she's always bringing me my books and my shoes and shirts even when I don't need them. The sad part is, soon she and her parents are moving VERY far away, to New Zealand which is so far away I don't even know where it is. We are in denial about this right now until it becomes real. The thing is that when you become a mom or dad, suddenly everything you used to want changes to everything you want for your kid and sometimes staying in America no longer makes the best sense. My parents understand this thinking very well so we can't blame Cari and Brad for taking Ondine away but we can still can't help being sad about it.

Luv U Cuz!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Gus! I miss you so much too that I even learned how to say your name after you left! Now I can point to your photo and say "Guhhs". It was SO fun having you and your folks here in my house and you can be sure there will be more good times to come. I might be moving far away but my mama, dada and I are always close to you in our hearts. Love yous.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home