My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Great American House Hunt

It's finally here. The first official search for our new home in Portland. Mom and Dad took off for a spastic two-day non-stop house hunt. Rents were a bit higher than they were two years ago when they first started eyeing up the PDX area, but oh well. You got to do what you got to do. And we got to move on.


The Tacoma Narrows


It was a beautiful time to road trip. I stayed home with the good ole GP's and we had some beautiful times ourselves. Bobby took me to Port Townsend for the day and I had my first strawberry ice cream soda. Blast off! And the next day Mamop and I spend the whole day outside in the garden, watering and tending to all our pretty little things.


Pretty little things everywhere you look these days


My parents came home without a new house for us but with a giant stack of new books from Powell's. Reason enough to move to that city, they say. We have some leads on a few houses and they may have to go back again, and maybe again, until we have one signed sealed and delivered, but its really officially happening now and that is fresh and exciting.


And still, Mama and Dad always say, the best part of going away from me is coming home to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home