My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy 18th of July!


So, I'm pretty behind on my blogs. The summer is just too busy! But I'll try to catch up.


This was 4th of July celebrating over at Britt and Monte's backyard.



Watermelon, corn and chicken sausages and kids to play with. I fell off the hanging bar onto my head and banged it so hard on the ground that I saw stars. I was surrounded by grown ups that I didn't really know so I held onto my cool and kept in my tears until I reached my mom's shoulder, but man it really hurt. Mom told me to just let it out so I soaked her shoulder. It's weird, I used to cry all the time anywhere and everywhere but now it's like I have to pretend I don't want to cry when I really really do. I think this has something to do with being a man?


Monte is studying to be a biologist and got a summer job in "the field", so he's out all day studying maggots. Cool job!


Don't fall on your head, Piper!


And then sun finally set which means magical sparkler time.


I stayed up really late this night and on the drive home I saw about a hundred major big firework displays from all over the city. Riding in the backseat in the dark with my eyelids growing heavy but trying to keep them open to see more magic color bursts exploding in the sky...these are the type of memories that sink into the deepness of your mind.


Happy Independence everyone! Bless this country we live in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home