My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 17, 2011

SIX is the new five!

Saturday was my birthday. Woo! Pee! What a great day of my six year long life. I got really great super cool presents:


The favorite, maybe, being my VERY OWN RECORD PLAYER FOR MY OWN ROOM!!! What a revelation. Now instead of begging my dad to let Stuart and I play Black Cabbage or Queen over and over, we can just go in my room, close the door, and get to rocking in private. Though, the first record I put on was the Nutcracker Suite.


Tie for first place of best gift probably was the hand-me-down PlayStation with a dozen games from my cousin Patrick. My parents already put a bunch of rules around it like only 30 minutes a day and I have to have a clean room before I begin but I'll do whatever it takes. There's a football game and a Star Wars game. Bam.


I also got Perfection which is a game and a song from my mom's past that she always sings..."put the plunger down, set the timer..." Now I know what the song and the deal is all about. It's sort of scary for my nerves because I fear the explosion when the timer goes off but this is good training for the frightful surprises in my life to come.


I also got another very cool game called Mr. Mouth, which I wanted, which is a game and song that my dad remembers and sings from his own past. We are all living and reliving good times over here. Other standout gifts were the giant floor-size air hockey game from Nana and Papa (wait til you see this, Bobby!) and the Magic Treehouse Books 1,2, & 3 from the S-Man that are totally interesting even though there are hardly any pictures in them.


For my bday celebration I got the choice between party with my pals from school at the museum or an All Day Fun Day with one friend. I chose the latter. And I don't need to tell you which friend I chose.


We started off at the arcade, then went to the movies (Narnia; awesome), then pizza, then ice-cream, then Revenge of the Sith in bed sleepover.


Day to night partying, past 10 o'clock even! Seriously, seriously, very very cool.


Thanks everyone for all the presents and cards and calls. I love being six. I think it really suits me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cali said...

Happy Birthday Gus!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home