My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BattleGround Lake


We had a little 3 day heat wave last week so we got the heck out of dodge and into the cool shade of some douglas firs.


And into the cool clear water of Battleground Lake, half hour drive from our house in Washington.


Our preferred mode of "camping" -- The Cabin. God, I love a bunk bed.


The view through the trees from my bed to the lake.


Early morning walk around the lake. Spending the night is great because you have it all to yourself in the morning before the local Washington yahoos show up to party.


Dad after he kicked a rock with his middle toe and broke it black and blue.


You can see right into the water and see the fish swimming around by your feet!


This is a girl I met named Savannah who took to me very quickly, asking my name and all kinds of questions about me. So I quickly went into my "talking to a cute girl mode" which is I started talking and acting like a robot. I've heard about these lakeside romances!


Dad took me out into the lake, way out. I'm taking swim lessons but I can't really master any strokes yet.


My parents bought me water wings which I was excited about at first but quickly realized they were not the cool lake swimming wear and I ditched em.


We would like to hit a new lake every week but we are already lagging due to many fun day camps and parent work days, but there will be more tranquil and exciting pictures to come just you wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home