My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I forgot to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!


My New Year's Eve was pretty mellow. Just me, Nadine and a babysitter. We whispered and giggled in my bed until late though. My mom and dad, and Uncle the Chief and Ingrid who were visiting, and all my parents' Portland friends, got together at the Ballroom and had a lovely soiree.


There was an elegant potluck banquet.


And DJ Brooke on the turn tables.


And my mom and Britt and co on the dancefloor.


Dawn brought her cookies.


DJ Monte took a spin on the tables, Dad ran the heated dice game, and they partied in the New Year of 2011 and beyond.


The next day was slightly less of a party.


Yet my mom still made it out the next night to see Mahmoud Ahmed, the Ethiopian pop legend.


Where the Portland Ethiopian community joined with the Portland cool white kid community to make one major fun dance party.


Britt still had her New Year's hangover headache and my mom could barely stand on her tired wobbly legs but they committed to the night, and a new year, of fun, adventure and excitement. Same for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cali said...

MAHMOUD Ahmed. Also, is Uncle Rene wearing special eye make up?

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home