My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 06, 2012

You can buy it on the street!

An exciting night out in Amsterdam

Dad's reading...
I paid attention for a while, listening to him read from the Sisters Brothers. I'm used to listening to him read to me.
After the reading and Q&A (they did not take my question even though I waved my hand like crazy: "Can mom and I go home now?"), I helped Dad do his book signings by flipping to the perfect signing page.
There were a lot of people at the reading and pretty much every one of them stayed late to get their book signed. Good sign.
Afterwards, we walked home through the crazy Amsterdam night. Everyone was out and it was a giant party in the streets. We stopped off at MCDONALDS!!! for late night food because when you are out partying on the street that is what you do!
This was our other option for late night food: cages of wild fried hot dog things.
I was out so late. This was probably 11pm almost...I am NOT even kidding you about the time!
It was very exciting to me to be in the darkness and excitement of nighttime action that I am usually asleep for.
And I forgot to tell the other excitement of the evening...right before we left for Dad's reading, my bottom tooth fell out. I was jumping on the bed and the tooth flew out of my head and I caught it.
So I put the tooth under my pillow to see what would happen in a different country with the tooth/tooth fairy procedure.
And I got one Euro under my pillow the next morning! The European tooth fairy follows my and my teeth all over the world. All in all, start to finish, this was one very fun, late, different kind of night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home