My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Or-E-Gone Away

Just to keep our reputation as jet setters going a bit longer, Mama and I took a road trip to PDX. There are not many things I like more than hanging with my sister ladies Greta and Emily, and of course their giant dollhouse which they brought out of hiding because they have outgrown it but I am still slightly obsessed. I played with it for about six straight hours. Turns out I have a real talent for interior decorating!


We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican place La Bonita where I had my usual (chips and guac) and my very first sugar soda. Let me tell you, those babies pack a punch! I didn't nap for two days!


Then we took Emily to camp. Camp is a place you go in the summer where you have hippie teenage counselors instead of parents and you get to live with all your little friends. When do I get to go, is the question I have. Here I am sneaking into the girls cabin. Wah wee woo wah!


Emily seemed very happy and not at all homesick when we left her. Her family missed her lots already after only the first night gone and they wrote her letters immediately. I suggested sending her some cheerios and a juice box. Seeing camp again made my mama have nervous memories of her days surrounded by chattering girls, overly cheerful counselors and bad skits (...why are my parents so snobby and weird???)



Anyway, we had a great time, as always, staying with the Kimballs and scouting the Portland neighborhoods for our future home. Mad love to Greta bug, Emily, Lisa and Daddy John. And of course Mokie! I didn't forget you, Dog! C U SOON!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home