My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, July 21, 2007

she's the one



Mama and I had a picnic in the park, just the two of us. We just sat and ate apples and pb&j's and laid down and looked up at the trees and the clouds. My mom is a SAHMMY, a Stay At Home Mom. She had a regular life in LA with a job and friends but she couldn't be a Sahmmy there which is part of the reason we came here. Being a Sahmmy has its ups and downs, sometimes it feels like the whole world has moved on and left you behind and no one even remembers who you are, some days you don't even really remember yourself. But both Mama and I know, deep down, that nothing beats these quiet moments holding hands on a blanket on the grass, saying I love you and I love you too. And she wouldn't trade the last two years for anything. Lately I've sort of taken the deep love for my mom up a notch which can be quite annoying or downright rude to others when for instance I ONLY want Mama to read my a story or take a bath with me and I CRY when I have to go with anyone else. The words "Mama's Boy" and "Weenus" have been tossed around more than a little this week. I am going to make an effort to "man up", but I also think that I'm going to be a "man" soon enough and why not indulge in the obsessive mama love while I still can?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just got misty. whoa.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home