My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 27, 2007

and counting...




Today is my mom and dad's 5th wedding anniversary. It is the wooden anniversary so it is right on that they celebrate it here, where wood is the one thing we have plenty of. Dad and I, in fact, spent the day chopping wood. I count one, two, three, go! and daddy swings his mighty ax and splits the log right in two. Then I load the pieces onto Cartman the cart and then we pull the cart up to the deck and stack the wood. Then we bring it inside and pile some next to the fireplace for nighttime fires which have already begun up here in the crisp Autumnal season. Mama watches Daddy and I do our woodwork with a loving look on her face for both of us.
For the anniversary celebration they are going to Seattle where my other grandparents, who are here to visit me, got them a hotel room. They are excited about a night away. They already had their perfect evening here on the island: going to see a one night screening of Days Of Heaven at the little old Bainbridge art cinema, one of life's perfect movies they tell me.
Five years ago, in the woods of Big Sur, my parents kissed and hugged in front of family and friends and said I Do! I Do! They still do. They still kiss and hug. They say these first five years have been a very good time and they expect the next five to be even better good times.

Happy Anniversary to Mama and Daddy. Keep it up!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cali said...

Rene stole a car to get to that wedding.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just doesn't seem that long ago that we were all in Big Sur. Its been a long time since we've seen your Uncle Mike Gus. Give your mom and dad an extra anniversary hug for us.

Love Auntie M. and Uncle P.I.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gus tell your Mom and Pop -Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!! And thank your Uncle mike for putting me on FRONT STREET.....I dont think I ever Stole a car for a better reason than to make it to Big Sur to make it to your parents wedding. Remember stealing is wrong!

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stealing is wrong but borrowing is ok

grampa

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and selling the tennis equipment in the trunk for gas is just plain stick-to-it-iveness!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Pals! I miss you guys!
xo

12:57 PM  
Blogger amra said...

it could make me cry. i love it.

10:31 AM  
Blogger jen said...

happy anniversary you two! i love you very much.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home