My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

guest stars

It was super fun to have everybody on the island with us. This is what it should be like, like the paradise it is, but with lots of friends and family. Cari brought me a new ball toy and she brought the ladies a new bubble toy. We played and played while Daddy did the traditional axe throwing lessons with the men.




The Baby Ondine was a big hit with everyone, in fact my mom seemed pretty lovey dovey with her and I will now admit to you all that I did not like that very much. And perhaps I didn't treat my little cousin with the love and respect I normally show people because, I'll say it, I was jealous of how my Mama was cuddling her and talking about how cute she was and how she was light as a feather and all that. I can't help it if I'm 37 pounds and my mom has to go to acupuncture once a week because she gets injured from lifting me. But I will try to be nicer to my cousin the Baby Ondine because she is actually really cute and real sweet and smiley all the time and I don't like the way I feel when I'm mean and possessive.



And it's not a celebration without the dance party. I put on my Tina Turner record and let fly. But boy, can Lisa's girls shake a tail feather! Their moves are serious!


I had to do major stretching to keep up with them.


So, this is the gang: Daddy John, Greta Bug, Lisa, Emmy, Aunt Cari and the Baby Ondine and my Uncle Brad. This is the gang I love, really love.


I was heartbroken to see them go and cried and cried until everyone realized the sadness of our separation.


I got in the van and demanded that Lisa take me with them to Portland. Mama had to pry me out of there with all her might. I was willing to leave her for them. I am consoled only by the fact that these people will be with me for the rest of my life. Thank you all for coming out here and making my mom remember this birthday for the rest of her life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're my big cousin and no matter what you do (including robbing my toys from my hot lil hands), I will still love you. We had so much fun at your cool place in the woods. Seeing Auntie Leslie be so confused and then elated was the best. Next time you get to come visit me and we'll just see who ends up with the most toys then.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home