My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 04, 2007

any port in the storm

One of Uncle Mike's favorite things to do when he visits is a nice little road trip to Port Townsend.


Uncle Mike loves the antique stores but Mama won't let me anywhere near inside because of the break it you bought it rule. I stayed outside playing with the new car I got at the local toy shoppe and I met this guy, this great old grandpa guy.


His name was Charlie and we were friends within minutes and by the time the uncles came out of the store, Charlie and I were best friends and I tell you it was hard for me to say good-bye to him. I try to make friends with everyone on the street, but this guy was especially special. When we had to leave I said "see you later, Charlie!" and he said, "Good-bye Jeff!"


The whole time my uncles were here there was not a drop of rain, only brilliantly bright sunshine. Some people have referred to my uncle, Mike "Cali" deWitt, as a Golden Boy and perhaps it is true.


On the way home we got stopped on the Hood Canal bridge for a good long time waiting for a submarine to pass. It was not just my, but everyone's, first submarine sighting.


If your stuck in traffic on let's say the 405 in Los Angeles or the 880 in Oakland, 20 minutes can seem like a trafficky hell, but out here when you get stuck or stopped, you just get out of your car, breathe in and take up the sights, the sweet, sweet sights.



(p.s. Do I brag too much about where I live? I really apologize to you if I do. Think of it as a constant invitation to come see it all for yourselves....)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff!!!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home