My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 04, 2008

truck twins

Just when we thought the gift giving of Christmastime was finally behind us, I went over to Himal's for one last present. Now, everywhere I go, I ask if there's going to be a new toy for me, everyone that comes into my sight I ask, does he have a new toy for me? Mama is a bit worried that I'm not going to snap back into my old semi-humble self and this glorious season has indeed created a yule-tide monster.


I gave Himal a present too. Giving also gives me joy. It just gives me much much less joy than getting.


Holy Moly! Do you see the size of this dump truck he gave me? What a pal! What a great guy this guy is!


And the best part is that Himal got the exact same truck himself for Xmas so there will be no sharing issues when we go sand dumping at the beach.


You know, all this talk to our moving to Portland, its exciting and all, it gives my parents something to look forward to. But personally, all I can think about is how am I ever going to leave my best friends here? Look at Himal. Look into his eyes. They are bright hazel. You don't find eyes like this on every street corner. You don't find friends that give you giant dump trucks on every street corner. I know its only three hours away. I know I'll be visiting Bainbridge all the time and I know Himal will come to visit me in Portland. I know this is just the weird and winding road of life that no one can predict. And I will not spend my last months here walking around like a mopey sad man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home