My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gussy From The Block

We are really settling into our neighborhood over here, our little northeast Portland. We already have a tight little community type deal going on and it's working out for all of us.


Nadine is now like my adopted sister. She comes over our house so her parents can do stuff like work late or see a movie for the first time in a year. And then I go over to their house and get wild and eat dinner with them when my parents go see a film. It's what they call a win-win situation because when Nadine and I are together it's easier on everyone. Not to brag, but she kind of worships me and I take very good care of her.


At the yard sale across the street we go over and hang out and browse. I brought my bank along just in case something special caught my eye. I did in fact score big, for only eight quarters I got a sleeping bag, a Lite Brite, a treasure chest filled with gems and a wooden pinball machine. Mom got two kid chairs and a set of dominoes which she plans to teach to the neighbors for the future Domino Night.


I'm just telling you how good it feels to have all these people around to talk to and play with and learn about every time I step out of my house. Everyone on the block knows me because I can't stop myself from saying hi and inviting people in to see my bedroom. This is healthy for all of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nanapat said...

OK, Gus...if you are feeling so good about the yard sale, why the sad, poochy bottom lip? Do you need a Nana hug? I'll be there at Thanksgiving to give you all sorts of sugar love.

8:28 PM  
Blogger gus said...

YAY!!!!! I need my Nana!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home