My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 19, 2008

Mamop of the North



So good feeling to wrap my arms around this one again. Mamop and Nicky drove down to Portland to visit with us for a few days. We showed them all the sights and took them to one of our favorite dinner places.


The next day we drove up to the top of the tallest mountain in the state, maybe even the world, Mt.Hood. In the wintertime this is where my dad plans to rekindle his skiing hobby.


Can you see how far up we are, above the beautiful blue mountains? Can you understand how far the town and our house is below?


See the colorful wildflowers? I think this might be the high desert?


There is a big giant really cool hotel on the top of the mountain with huge fireplaces in all the rooms where you rest your cold toesies near in the snowy weather. This was the Overlook Motel in the movie the Shining which I've never been allowed to watch.


And even though I've never seen the movie I still was forced to stand next to this ax and say "Here's Johnny" about fourteen times until I just refused because I don't know what the heck it means.


Good fun times as always with my dear family. Nicky plans on moving back down to LA so I'm afraid he won't be able to visit as much so I savored every goofy minute with him while he was here. Love you Uncle Nick! Love you Mamop! Miss you guys already! Come back soon......

2 Comments:

Blogger Cali said...

Mom looks about 23 years old. A true beauty!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gus, you look like you feel real bad inside next to that Here's Johnny axe. You also took one of those weird photos where you can see what you're going to look like as a thirteen year old. Now that's spooky!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home