My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 06, 2008

a broken heart is a wondrous thing


Grandpa's here for the weekend which means lots of fun for me at the coffee shops and the art museums and for my parents it means a night out on their own. Last night they got dressed up and went to a very old and beautiful concert hall downtown to see a man that looks like a lady named Antony sing with the Portland Symphony. When I asked my mom how was the show she just shook her head and her eyes got kind of far away and misty and she told me it was too much to talk about in words and it is something I'm just going to have to see and hear and feel for myself one day. It made me want to hurry up for that day so I can feel whatever gives me that far away look in my own eyes. A lot of mom and dad's friends were in town playing music for a big festival of bands thing but they could not go see any regular music after the magical Antony for fear it would take away the sublime feeling inside of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home