My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Giving of The Thanking


Ahh, Bainbridge. It's been awhile since we've been back to visit. What a warm and splendid place.


I have two new cousins on the island also, Erica and Ian. Great Uncle Mikey moved there from New Orleans so now they are with us for the holiday celebrating times.


And Uncle Big Vic who brought a box full of gifts and gee-gaws for all, as he always does. The garage sale Santa.


He brought me this, the Bop It, which makes a lot of bloops and bleeps that drive people mad. Thanks Big Vic! I also got a baseball and mini bat, a pair of weirdo glasses and a WWII Gi Joe airplane.


Aza came with us up there to see what it's all about. He quickly settled into the vibe.


Dinner time at last. The bird and all the fixings even including sugary marshmellows on our sweet potatoes. There was a mashed potato mash-off between my dad and Aunt Isolde. If you like a lot of lumps in your mashed potatoes then you might call my dad the winner.


And then there was pie, lots of it. Pumpkin, blueberry and the ultimate pecan pie. Hard to decide which pie to eat. Then why decide--eat all three!


The inevitable end to the pie. So sad, too bad, your dad.


It was a full house of good people but I have to tell you in secret that my favorite person of the day was Ian. He was the coolest and played Legos with me the most and after he left all I wanted to do was see him again.


And at the very end of Thanksgiving, Bobby does his tradition of washing all the dishes in scalding hot water that burns his hands when he touches it. There is a lot of saying "ow! ow!" and "damnit!" but when it all quiets down the kitchen is clean and you are thankful for this man.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lumpy mashed potatoes - doesn't everyone?!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Patrick deWitt said...

Ingrate.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home