My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Canoodle on the Space Noodle


Poppy. This is Poppy. I'm trying to think of a way to describe her to you, describe the way she makes me feel and how much I like her but I can't find the right words or the right way to say them. She is this girl, this really great girl that I can really talk to about everything and she's really pretty in a girl way but then, get this, she wrestles, like a boy, better than a boy. She's a better wrestler than Stuart, I am not even kidding you.


It was her birthday, she turned 6, and we went to the movies and then to dinner at the top of the Space Noodle. The restaurant is so so high up in the sky and it revolves around slowly so you see the whole city of Seattle while you are eating.


And this is what you are eating--ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauce sitting on a bowl of billowing smoke. Like your dessert is on fire, but there is actually no fire!


Now I know what people are talking about when they say they are on top of the world.


When we left the restaurant, we were walking out, Poppy and I, and I, kind of casually but real heartfelt, just took my arm and put in around her waist, and do you know what she did? She put her arm around me and we walked for a really long time, the whole way out, with our little arms around each other. I was so happy! You should have seen my face. My mom said I was truly beaming, with pride and with joy.


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo I just don't have the words! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home