My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Alpine Slide


We've been up to Mt.Hood a few times and on the way we always pass the Alpine Slide which my dad is always very curious about. This time we made a point to stop and Dad checked out the situation and came back saying very surely "Oh, we're going on."


I was a bit (I mean VERY) apprehensive about the chair lift but the thing is that it doesn't give you anytime to think about it or change your mind because it just comes around and they scream at you to jump on then they scream at you to sit back, sit back! And then you're on the damn thing. Way, way up in the air. With your feet dangling and a little bar across your lap that I could just slip right under and...Well, I was scared the whole time but my mom was with me and I was brave and also excited at the same time. Happy/Scared.


And when I got to the top and saw how far and how long we got to slide down I was all the way just Happy.


My dad and I went together and there's a lever that you can control your speed, forward for fast, backward for slow.


And so you just push the lever down and whoosh you are off, sliding all the way down a giant beautiful green mountain with the view of Mt.Hood in front of your eyes the whole way.


Mom went behind us and swears she had her lever pushed forward with all her muscles the whole way down but she just couldn't seem to pick up a lot of speed (bummer for her cause she's a speed demon) and there were a whole bunch of unhappy sliders piled up behind her too.


This was just an incredibly fun pit stop on the way to camping at Frog Lake. This you will see next time you check back in with the DD of GV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home