My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Amsterdang Continued...

Lucky enough to get to go to Amsterdam, even luckier when there's a carnival set up in the middle of the city!
Spuk house looks scary from the outside...
But pretty dang dumb on the inside. I was only slightly scared just because of the darkness. But Dad screamed like a lady when some dutch carnie wearing a frankenstein mask jumped out at him and grabbed his arm!
Coolest part was going on the ferris wheel with mom, way, way, way up high.
High enough to look DOWN onto the tallest cathedrals and buildings. We got to see what only the birds usually see.
Thank goodness we were enclosed in these glass booths. I would NOT stand up even for a second and I sure did not like it when Mom kept doing it.
Serious sights seen.
Way down there you can see Dad and Uncle the Chief getting on their own ride.
And then going way, way, way up high.
Only they did not have glass booths to protect them and the feeling up there on those flimsy swings was very scary and very unsafe. My dad did not open his eyes once. Poor little guy!
Then it was mom's turn for seeking a thrill and she and Rene went on the craziest ride of all.
It also went higher than the highest building but it flipped your body around in summersaults while it went up and down and it looked like it was making them sick but it turns out it was making them feel wonderful.
Flipping over upside down toward the Amsterdam skyline with the blue sky and the white clouds was a feeling close to, or actually was, pure joy. This is the feeling my mom has been on the search for!
And I got to try my hand at archery in one of the many booths. I won a little spotted cow!
And then, I got to go on this jumping trampoline baby bjorn type thing where I could jump as high as some kind of super jumper. Some kids were doing flips, but I did not try this.
And so ended a great fun day in Holland. If they had Dr Pepper there you know that's what mom would have got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home