My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dr. Gustavo Valentine Doolittle

My parents and I and Apple and Anton all went to the Olympic Game Farm, about an hour away in Sequim, and I've got one word for you: INSANE !!!

You drive through in your car with the windows rolled down and all the animals are just a few feet away. I went right out of my mind.


This is a peacock. There's about a hundred of them and they follow alongside your car the whole way. I learned how to say peacock this day but by the time I got home and repeated the word it came out babycock which caused a few raised eyebrows at dinner.


This is a chicken. You may say, big deal I've seen chickens before, but these ones have feather shoes which makes them much more stylish and fancy than your regular roosters.


The big moose with their big antlers or no antlers yet stick their noses RIGHT IN YOUR WINDOW!!! This is a very exciting way to visit with animals. We didn't know what was going on. All of a sudden a bunch of moose and deer and buffalo come running right for us and before we can roll up the windows they are INSIDE!!! You better believe I was tripping out. There's still moose slobber all over the roof of our car.


These are the buffalo. Everything was fun and games until the buffalo. These guys meant business. Their heads were the size of twenty of my heads, they couldn't fit them in our windows but they tried. We all screamed and yelled and my dad was driving and they were boxing us in and he was squealing like one of the little girls at baby gym and it got me very nervous. I wouldn't look at the buffalo and just kept saying no...no...no... I think this was the first time in my life I actually felt fear. We got away but those buffalo chased us all the way out.



See how big they are?!! You can't even fit them in a picture!!!


But my favorite part of the whole deal was all the bears. Big, furry brown Kodiac bears. Mama had told me we would see them and I said Big Bear the whole drive to Sequim but still my imagination did not prepare me for these great wonders.


This is Papa and Mama bear. I don't know where Baby Bear is. He may have left to live a life of his own.


Um, did I mention the bears WAVE at you. Yeah. I waved to them and said hey bear, hi and everything bears, and they waved back hi to me. I'm serious!


But the best thing was that we got to throw the bears pieces of bread and they would catch them right in their mouths. And if you threw it bad like I did sometimes, they pick up the bread with their long giant claws and put it in their mouths. Thats just how I eat bread!
As you can see the Olympic Game Farm was a very special and fun adventure for our family. We will go again when you visit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was awesome
i just finished a p[ainting of a kid with a bear behind him
a ghost bear.....
gus, you read my mind.
tell your momma and poppa i said hello
love sage

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee!! Check out that super scary bear! Yikes.
We miss you Gus!!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee!! Check out that super scary bear! Yikes.
We miss you Gus!!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home