My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 29, 2006

The Great deWitt Family Cook Off of 2006

Okay! Let me tell you all about the Great deWitt Family Cook Off of 2006. I think it begins with my parent's love of the Top Chef show on the tv, so they came up with the idea for a big cooking contest. 6 people, 6 nights of gourmet meals. The rules were that it had to be something that you've never cooked before, you couldn't have any help, and it had to be delicious. Uncle Mike went first:


He made a hearty sausage ravioli with a pesto garlic bread. It looked pretty darn strange to me in the pan, like Lowly the Worms on steroids, but it made for a tasty meal.



Night #2 was my Mama's turn. She did a whole Asian inspired meal: Chinese spareribs, Magic string beans, a vegetable fried rice, green tea and Pocky for dessert. She went the extra mile on presentation with the bamboo centerpiece and traditional Chinese dress. The family was impressed with the effort and everyone started getting nervous because the ante had officially been UPPED.

To Be Continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home