My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Please Mister Postman





Well, this mail thing is really working out. It's so fun, and so exciting! I asked for mail and cool people like Ruby and my Uncle Mike and Betsy sent me postcards. So I drew some pictures with my pencils and crayons and put them in envelopes and sent them back through the mail system which I know about because I have an Elmo book about it. And now there is fun and excitement from their mailboxes in their towns. It is my biggest thrill right now to flip up that little red flag. It makes my parents wonder why they don't do this anymore, write letters and correspond this way. Mama and Dad used to type letters back and forth back when they were just best friends and he lived up here and she lived in LA and they still have those letters and they are funny and sweet and special. This way is far superior to the modern e-mail way, don't you think? So my parents are going to get their hands on an old school typewriter and then you all may be getting some real live letters to enjoy and save. Meanwhile, I am expecting more excitement in my mailbox. Don't you want some in yours? You've got to give to get in this world.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gus,

I recieved the drawing. Highly epic. Kepp your peepers peeled for more mail!

Love,

Unca Mike.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got my drawing too!!! i look at it every day and i am going to talk someone over 2 ft. tall to put it on my bulletin borad near my dreamy pic of you. let's be pen pals, pal!

9:27 PM  
Blogger GUS said...

You got it! Two pen pals for me so far! Through the modern blog we will return to the sweet old days of pen and paper...it is ironical.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home