My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Scenic Distractions Part 1

So, I'm back from my Canadian holiday. It was super great. Me and Grandpa traveling the world like real jet setters. I got to meet and spend time with my Great Granny and my Great Uncle Derek. I got to see every last darn thing there is to see in Fort Erie, including the Fort which is the site of the bloodiest battle of Canadian History and the Art Museum of Buffalo and a donut shop called Tim Hortons that we went to every day. My granny cried when I left because she learned to love me so much while I was there. What a sweet special lady! Miss you Great Guys!

Apparently, while I was away, when they weren't desperately missing me, my parents had a real fun time as well. They got to have nighttime in Portland which is something they don't really get much because once it's my bedtime they are stuck in the house kind of like a prison, but a prison that they really love. They rode bikes out every night to restaurants and bars and wherever, just being free and youthful, and they slept in without alarm clocks or me to wake them. And, they went on a camping trip to the Umpqua River in Southern Oregon. They had heard about the most amazing hot springs up there so they took their one childless chance to go.


The view from their tent. The mighty Umpqua. Fresh and cold.


After they set up camp they took a short walk exploring.


Totekee Lake.


They sat side by side in silence and watched the fish jump out of the glassy lake. Sounds like I had more fun at Tim Hortons!


Stillness. Go get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home