My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 29, 2010

Aging in the Neighborhood


So, Noah also had a birthday, and a birthday party, he's the little guy who lives across the street. We wave at each other from our living room windows on cold and rainy days. He was just a little baby when we moved onto this street, just a little potted plant that couldn't even move. Now he's his own man.


All the kids in the neighborhood went to his party at the community center. Nadine was feeling powerful because she turned 2 a while ago.


My sidekick. She's a real champ, Deenie Weenie.


This is the same gym I took basketball class in. Yes, this ball went in. Yes, I make these baskets all the time. Nothing but net!


And this is my latest friend Luke. He lives in my hood and goes to my school only he's in kindergarten. We were thick as thieves this day.


Running around like a couple of maniacs who love playing with balls.


The grown ups couldn't resist getting in on some of the play action.


I realize there is really only a small difference between kids and adults. Having cars to drive and later bedtimes, I think that's basically it.


Good to know that I can keep going to parties and keep having this kind of good fun for as long as I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home