My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 20, 2010

DESERT SKIES


My mom and I flew to Palm Springs, through the late night sky.


To see my Grandparents and my Great Aunt and Uncle, my mom's cousin and my second cousins.


One of which is Mason, who had about 100 surgeries (inside his head and brain!) this year so he is my #1 hero, better than any of the cartoon superheroes because he is true in real life.


And his older brother Hayden who I really look up to because he is really nice and really good at all sports. (Here I am looking up to him.)


And his younger brother Everett who is a complete wild man! Love this guy!


And we played non-stop sports. First stop, the putting green. Nana gave me pointers.


And then I put the pointers in action. Hole in six!


Nana's got some action herself.


Next stop, bocce ball. Course.


Next stop, tennis. Pointers from Papa. Real good stuff from a real live pro.


Pointers in action. Papa says I don't really have a backhand, I have two forehands because I'm ambidex-something, This is going to be my "ace" in the hole!


Next stop, baseball. Papa gave me pointers here, on how to catch grounders.


Pointers in action. Totally improved my field game.


My mom's first cousin and my second cousins' mom, the sweet Melanie, who my mom says is an actual saint.


Next stop basketball, where I showed these guys my stuff.


I can make shots in the regular basket just like the big guys but Hayden here can make 3 pointers from practically anywhere, that's from downtown I'm talking.


Turns out Papa has a few smooth moves in the paint himself!


So, we all had a wonderful wonderful time together in the desert where it was a warm 77 degrees compared to the not so warm 47 degrees back home.


Adult talk and kid talk, it was good for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home