My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

introducing Mister Smarty Pants:


Do you know who this is? This guy, this guy standing here with his book bag, this guy who is not a little baby boy but a big boy who goes to SCHOOL???


It's me! (Gus.) And this is my school, The Learning Workshop. I LOVE it. Love it love it love it. I started today and Mama dropped me off and it turns out she was very emotional and worried and scared while we were apart but I was not. When she came back for me, two and a half whole hours later, I still wasn't ready to leave.


This is teacher Kim who is very calm and quiet and very nice. She calls on me all the time already, like "Gus, what makes you feel good?" (ans: Cars) We learned a new song about applesauce and bananas. I did a load of laundry in the pretend washer/dryer. I made a guy friend already named Diggy (?) who played dumptrucks and shovels in the sand pit with me. Maybe I'll have him over sometime to play with my toys. We'll see. There is a cat and a dog there at school and a couple of girls I'm already smiling shyly about (Caroline, Katherine). I'm going to be learning a lot every day so the next time any of you talk to me I'll probably be a whole lot smarter.


I know a lot of you out there have ventured out into the world on your own and done exciting things like go to school so if you have any advice for me now that I am doing it, please pass it along to me in my Comment box, thanks.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cali said...

You seem to like that yellow rocker quite a bit Gus.

3:35 PM  
Blogger GUS said...

That is one of the first things I learned on the school yard: the way to get dibs on something is too never take your hand off it.
But I'm still waiting for more advice from out there...

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

find the biggest, meanest kid and kick him where he pees. then keep to yourself and do your time quietly. love hotdog

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot dog was rejected by lunch with folks, our favorite radio program. How good can his advice be.

g'pa

4:50 PM  
Blogger Patrick deWitt said...

Keep your hands to yourself, and no more talking about toilet matters in public! I love you, little one!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Gus,
I think sharing is a really solid and rather simple way to make lasting friends at school.

Jessica H.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

long time reader, first time comment-er.

if you have to pick your nose, do it in the bathroom. you don't wanna end up being called "booger" for the rest of your life!

-scott

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be nice to the girls and don't eat the Play-doh Gus. Listen to these folks about boogers and poop talk, too. Share. It's cool.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home