My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 13, 2008

when the logs roll over...

Another super day in a series of super days when big trucks visit our yard. Our neighbors were chopping down some trees so Bobby told them to just dump the trees over here after they chop them and that's just what happened.


It was a giant truck with a crane and the driver sure knew how to work that crane. Someday when I'm older I'm going to work a crane as gracefully as this guy.


And then the driver shifted the lever that raised the body and the pump pushes the oil through the lines in the hoist which opens up like a telescope and pushes the body and lifts it up so the logs will slide out. (I know all this by heart thanks to my favorite book about heavy machines given to me by my aunt Amy Lou)


And then these giant tree trunks rolled on out like a thunder storm and they sit in our yard this very day for me to look at with amazement at their size and power and former beauty.


Mamop offered the driver a sixer of beers for his trouble which he touched with nervous and hesitating fingers but finally said no because he was a "tea-totaller" now and she told him we have some "tea-totallers" in our family too so she understood and the driver said "Well, tell them to hang on!"

1 Comments:

Blogger sufferwords said...

Hooray for the tea-totalers

SW

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home