My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 11, 2008

Back To Work


Mama got a job. This is the place. The Northstar Ballroom in the Mississippi district near where we live. She's going to turn this quiet old building into some kind of bohemian renaissance happening spot.


My mom hasn't worked in almost 3 years, unless you count taking care of me every day, which no one really does. She said she was a little shaky but we dropped her off and she went on her way and I asked my dad about once every 12 minutes when she was coming back.


And then later in the day when we picked her up I thought I noticed she had an extra different kind of kick in her step, like I do when I ride my tricycle way down the street all by myself. She is only working a couple days a week so Dad and I are pretty sure we can survive it. Mom says she's looking forward to time in her little office on the top floor but I can't understand how anyone would want to go to work when they could instead spend their time entertaining me. It doesn't make any sense but we're going to support her no matter what she does.

4 Comments:

Blogger amra said...

Big news!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Cali said...

Your hair looks great

1:37 PM  
Blogger gus said...

it's a perm!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got the perm?? You didn't tell me! oh, the memories...

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home