My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

OMSI


The girls and I went to OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry, which was jammed packed with all these crazy thingies and gadgets and fun stuff to do and to look at.


First off, they had an exhibit all about my very favorite animal in the world right now, the dinosaur. There were huge skeletons of giant actual dinosaurs and some of them mechanically opened their mouths and moved which can be pretty scary unless you are brave.


Here we are digging for dinosaur fossils, something I also know a lot about from my dinosaur books. It took some real persuading to get me away from this part.


Long slimy snakes and big hairy spiders and other crazy creatures that if you are really really brave you will look at through a magnifying glas and feel like you are right next to them.


Eagles nest. Ka-Kaw!


Favorite part: the water river area. Got to wear a raincoat and rubber boots because you're gonna get wet.


And then we all went out for some good Mexican food at our local La Bonita. Emily and Greta always make me to say "guacamole!" in my funny mexican way. The girls and I always have the best time together.

Does it show that I am really having fun in Portland?

5 Comments:

Blogger amra said...

I once took a certain li'l lady and your Uncle MIke and I took care of to the Tar Pits in good old Los Angeles and she was very taken with the dinosaurs skeletons. So much so that she would have bad dreams that a dinosaur's bones, not the whole real fleshy dinosaur, but just the bones would come bite her on the neck. I just want you to know Gus, that will not happen to you, because they're not around anymore, just in museums and cartoons and movies.

8:13 PM  
Blogger GUS said...

and also they won't come get me because my dad nailed up a special monster-warding-off bracelet on my bedroom wall that scares all monsters including dinosaurs from trying to make me have bad dreams at nighttime.

11:50 AM  
Blogger amra said...

That is very cool of your dad.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bracelet was purchased at a Santeria witch store by the non-English speaking #2 barback who worked beside me at the world famous 3 Clubs Bar and Massacree. It seemed like a big deal for him to be giving it to me/Gus.

2:22 PM  
Blogger amra said...

Ah, I remember those times well. The chief was selling frozen chickens, uncle mike was living in a garage and your dad spent a lot of time with his eyebrows.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home