My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

and the birthdaying continues...


Yes, yes, yes, it was a happy birthday. Indeed. It was a very special day. I got to do anything and everything I wanted. All Yesses, all day long. Very few no's. When I asked for juice, they said Okay instead of the ususal How about milk reply. And Mama danced with me to the entire ABBA record when I know she is really, really sick of hearing it.


I got to watch a whole hour of television, an uninterrupted Sesame Street, start to finish, instead of the standard twenty minute Elmo's World only.





And then there was CAKE. I have never had cake before. It was lit up like the hot fireplace and everybody sang the birthday song and I blew out the hot heat. And then I tasted my first intentional taste of sugar. Man oh man, now I know what all the hubbub around here is! Everyone helped me with my cake, even though I hadn't really asked for any help, and the next thing I knew I looked down and my cake had disappeared. It was really tasty and I didn't even get too freaky from the sugar. I was cool, I took it like a two year old.




And then, for the big finale, my parents led me into a room with a bed full of presents. A lovely display of toys! I feel like I just recovered from the whole incredible Santa concept, and then this. And it was all about me. Boy, what a great day. I love being two. And I promise to try my hardest to stay humble and unspoiled even though I am treated like a boy prince king.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gustavo Valentine! I have missed you so. I was so saddened by the wrinkle in our New Years rendevous, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. We shall celebrate Whidbey style soon! Mucho amore to yer mom and pop! xo

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops. Make that Bainbridge style. Yikes.

10:43 PM  
Blogger anton said...

Happy Birthday Gus!!!!!LOve from Apple And Anton

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home