My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mount Vepoovius

Grandpoop as you know is my #1 bestest babysitter. He is always telling my parents to go ahead and go to the movies and get a drink and stay out as late as they want (which they never do, cause everything closes at 8pm on Bainbridge)...So last night they went to the movies and I went downstairs to play in the workshop with Grandpoop and as soon as they drove away I squatted down real low and started making my "face":

It is a look of combined panic and shame and everyone knows what it means. In case they don't, I grunt out the word "TOOOT!" as fair warning. No big deal, this is a daily occurance, but this was the first time it happened on Grandpoop's watch with Mamam not around to save the day. Grandpoop has never changed a poopy diaper and that is because Grandpoop had vowed never ever to change a poopy diaper in his lifetime. Until this night. I smelled bad and it was a whopper. He cursed and yelled and tried to think of a way out but he was stuck. He took me up to change the diaper and his wildest imagination could not have prepared him for what he discovered. (Old hat to all the mommies and daddies out there, but he was green) It was out of the diaper. It was beyond the changing table. He stripped me down and threw me in the tub and tried to splash the crap off of me. I guess I really don't need to go into all this detail....just know that there was crying on both sides of the tub and Grandpoop was changed forever.


He couldn't even bear to keep the diaper in the house so he took it outside and later burned it, trying to erase all memories of this terrible night.


This is Grandpoop finally moving the gas can AWAY from the flames after my dad yelled at him. He's not perfect but he has proven his love to me for all time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Oh

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind, Gus; one of these days soon you may be able to return the favour and I guarantee you that your experience will be far worse than his!!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home